These were taken on short walk in the direction of the town Chapala, going away from Ajijic. Little did I know that the gringo community here lives in neighborhoods that look a bit like Beverly Hills. A road lined with Jacarandas was tempting me but the guard booth on the edge kept me walking in a straight line along the highway, which sits above the smaller frontage I walked along down below. The houses were all high end with closely kept lawns and plant gardens in front of sheer stone edifices that were high walls lined by fence in some places, typical of the affluent neighborhoods in Mexico. I have no idea who lives behind those walls and would have photographed them if I were interested. That was what I thought at the time at least. Along the way I saw high end boutiques and a cafe that served a variety of teas as well as coffee. The traffic coming from Chapala and Guadalajara, further along, was stop and go. Apparently this is the first time traffic has been this bad in over a year, as the country only removed restrictions completely a month ago. I would say that most people here do not wear masks but that most tourists and almost all Americans do mask. It is almost as if they live in different realities.
Sunday, April 4, 2021
The upper road goes along the lake to Chapala and connects to the road that takes one to Guadalajara (the big city!) A lot of American cars here from about 50 years ago. Time really flies and I remember when everything was different. Happy Easter, I guess. Here's to the resurrection of 70's era vehicles.
This is the Jacaranda lined road leading to the Beverly Hills-esque neighborhood towards the lake.
Just a few addresses down the road from my apartment, this is a tidy Ajijic house. Gates are not common in this neighborhood and the house reminds me of typical Mexican style homes from Tijuana to Chiapas and everything in between. Southern European. Small, simple, and well-kept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment